Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last day!

It's so hard to believe it's our last day here! I can see why people recommend staying 6 weeks if possible. It feels like we've just gotten adjusted to being here, and figured out how things work at the hospital and gotten comfortable with it, and now we're leaving. It will be really great to get home and see everyone! Not really excited to go back just in time for an entire week of class though. 

I was thinking over everything I've seen and done here. I've done some suturing and feeling a bit more confident about that. Also watched a student OB/GYN repair a tear that I wasn't sure what to do with, so it feels good to add that piece of knowledge to my brain. Dealt with some bleeding without feeling freaked out about it, and lots of mec, and babies that needed some serious stimulation, and all without someone looking over my shoulder to make sure I'm doing it right, so that feels good. I've started some IVs and done Syntocin augmentation. A few babies have died since we've been here, but none that were in our care. Basically I'm feeling much more confident in my abilities, which was really the point of the trip, so I'm really happy I came!

About to head out for some kava, followed by dinner and drinks with some of the friends we've made here. Then off to the airport in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment